Art Batt Adhesive for Mixed Media carding
One ounce total of confetti ribbons, paper crinkles, and confetti bits for carding into art batts or paper making.
Directions for making mixed media art batts:
- Card a batt on your drum carder and remove from carder.
- Unroll batt and lay flat on a clean surface.
- Spray top side of batt lightly with batt adhesive.
- Sprinkle mixed media onto batt. Use as much or little as you prefer. Based on my aesthetic preferences, 1 oz will embellish 3-6 batts.
- Wait for adhesive to dry (about 45 seconds).
- Fold batt in half lengthwise to encapsulate the mixed media within the fiber, and corespin or coreless corespun to enclose the media within the fiber.
- Collect mixed media that falls out when spinning and reattach to yarn by spraying yarn with adhesive and sprinkling mixed media onto sprayed areas.
- Ply with thread to soft set, if desired.
- Do not soak.
Mixed media yarns are intended to be used for non-wearables.